Total Pageviews

Monday, July 15, 2013

The NEW 911 Call Format For Reporting A Suspicious Person


Dispatcher: Do you need police, fire or ambulance

Caller: Police

Dispatcher: What is it that you want to report?

Caller: I was driving down the street and I noticed this teenager, walking around in the rain, with his hand in his waistband looking in houses.

Dispatcher: Is it a male or female?

Caller: I'm not sure!

Dispatcher: You can't see if it is a male or female?

Caller: I rather not say!

Dispatcher: OK, is this person, black, white or Hispanic

Caller: I rather not say!

Dispatcher: Your going to have to give us some identity of the person, so when we come out there we can look for the person.

Caller: I know sir, but if I give you the race and gender, and something happens, then I will be charged with racial profiling.

Dispatcher: WHAT?

Dispatcher: In order to help, we need some information.  Which way is this person going?

Caller: I'm not sure, because I am actually lost and was turning around when I spotted this person.

Dispatcher: Can you see a house number, or perhaps drive down a little to see a street sign so we can help you?

Caller: If I drive down, and anything happens, I will be charged with following someone.

Dispatcher: It's not against the law to follow someone, and we are not asking you to follow, just need a street.

Caller: Can you have the police call me when they get here.

Dispatcher: We can, but we need to know what street you are on.

Caller: Never mind, forget I ever called. Hang up.

Dispatcher: calling back, we have located you through your cellphone, stay there and we will meet you shortly. 

Caller: No thank you.  I will find my way out of here myself.

Dispatcher: Do you still see the person walking around?

Caller: Yes

Dispatcher: Is he doing something right now?

Caller: Yes

Dispatcher: And your not willing to at least describe the person?

Caller: No 

Dispatcher:  OK Sir, we will dispatch a vehicle to your cellphone location and check the area out.

Caller:  Thank you.  At least if you catch him/her, you won't be accused of "racial profiling."  Hangs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment