Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Why Didn't Tracy Martin Call His Son's Cellphone When He Wasn't Home?

What bothers me still is:  "Why didn't Tracy Martin call his son's cellphone once he got home from the dinner they attended especially since Trayvon went to the store to get a drink & skittles for his half-brother?"

Although Tracy stated on Nancy Grace:

GRACE: When did you first learn that something was wrong?

MARTIN: I didn`t learn until the next morning that something was wrong. Trayvon was up there with my nephew, and both of them were responsible kids.

GRACE: Right.

MARTIN: And I knew that they wanted to go to the movies. I knew that they wanted to go and get something to eat. So we...

GRACE: What were they going to go see? What did they want to go see so badly?

MARTIN: I didn`t -- I don`t know what movie was out (ph). If I`m not mistaken, it may have been -- it was a movie. I don`t know what movie was out. It was a kid`s movie, a comedy.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1307/19/ng.01.html

You would think Tracy would ask his other son, "where is Trayvon" and I would hope the child answered: "went to the store to get me some skittles and he never came back."

My instant reaction would be to call my son on the phone and check on him, just not assume my son just decided not to bring the skittles to his half-brother who was waited for him at home.

Instead Tracy Martin did nothing. He didn't know what movie his son and nephew were attending.  He didn't call his nephew to see if Trayvon was with him or perhaps staying at his nephew's house once the movie was over.  Didn't this father have a plan with his son, to let him know whether he was coming home that night or not?

Parents need to get their act together.  Like Rachael Jeantel states at the age of 17, we are ONLY teenagers. Basically not capable of making "good" decisions in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment